Friday, September 26, 2014

MY FUTURE JOB



I think that I will work in juridical psychology, specifically in prison. I know it is a difficult job, the prison is a space full of irregularities, it is a space full of people who have really hard realities. Theoretically, a prison is for the reinsertion of the prisoners into the society, or at least that is what Gendarmería de Chile says.  Nothing of that happens in the prison, in reality these are places just to take away the prisoner’s rights, places for dehumanization.

I hope I work with the programs of reinsertion, and be a contribution for changes of the programs, use the studies and investigation that affirm the necessity of other ways to punish people different from the jail.      

For this job it is necessary to study a lot, above all, to convince the institution that the way in which they are doing things is wrong. Social and spatial deprivation is not the better way to punish someone, maybe I’d like travel to Spain or other countries to study more about prison, juridical psychology and other ways “to do justice”.

I think for this job I will have to be indoors all the time. I mean, I will go to work in prison, but maybe someday I could work with people who are completing their sentences in liberty and I could work with them in their homes or their jobs, maybe… who knows.

4 comments:

  1. I like Juridical Psichology but i like the criminal investigation area :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don`t understand the objetctive of prisions, but is interesting your post about juridical psychology

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! juridical pschology is very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. My old high school psychology teacher had worked in this area, and said it was a difficult job ! greetings .

    ReplyDelete